no matter where you go, there you are



Friday, December 11, 2009

Introduction and Disclaimer

Hello! To whomever is reading this, I wanted to first of all say "Thanks!" and second, explain why I decided to start a blog.

I just returned from a 3 week trip traveling around Central/Southern Europe and when I would normally keep family and friends updated with what I'd been doing through somewhat lengthy (and I apologize for the times I ramble) emails, the constraints of traveling as I was and being in many places with limited internet access, emailing like I have in the past was not an option. Yes, I could have done so that way after I returned, but based on what I had experienced, and the reflections I wanted to share, emailing wouldn't have worked easily. So...I had to think of something else as a means of communication.

I've never written a blog or really been into publishing my thoughts on the internet (i.e. Twitter, Facebook status) because I don't think people really care about what I think or what's going on in my life. I'm also not the most creative or entertaining writer and don't want to torture people with boring prose or my attempts at being witty. However, when I thought about it more and more, the idea to create one for this purpose seemed like the perfect idea. Along with the postings about the Eiffel Tower or the Venetian canals I could use the space to flesh out other musings about being a foriegner and "backpacker" that passed through my mind multiple times during my trip. A blog would allow me to share my adventure with my parents, siblings, best friends, grandparents, etc. in a way that would also help me process mentally what I experienced myself.

So there you have it; the reasons why I, who never thought I'd ever have a blog, decided to begin one. And now onto a short disclaimer...

I must warn you, the reader, that what I will be writing is completely my opinion on a number of subjects based on what I saw and what I experienced as a solo, young adult traveler in Europe. You may not agree with or appreciate everything I write and I apologize if I end up saying something that in some way or another offends you.

1 comment:

  1. Re: "I don't think people really care about what I think or what's going on in my life."

    I care. I'm interested.

    S

    ReplyDelete